On a day-to-day basis, corporate counsel fulfill a critical role in all manner of issues integral to the proper functioning and commercial growth of their companies. In many cases, they rely on the expertise and experience of our lawyers to provide guidance and solutions to the sensitive and significant issues they must resolve.
Our teams are composed of lawyers with skills in different areas of practice, including former in-house counsel. In the Quebec marketplace, our firm is renowned for its experience in the various legal aspects of commercial real estate, construction, and business law. Moreover, our numerous litigators are familiar with the complex procedural and strategic issues that often characterize dispute resolution. We understand the challenges you face and can assist you every step of the way, including for the most sophisticated transactions or litigation, even in exceptional financial and economic circumstances.
Advice and representation before the courts
In preparing and implementing a strategy for representing your corporate interests before the courts, our lawyers understand how important it is to adopt an approach that corresponds to the parameters you have established.
- We are respectful of your time and budget constraints, including the fact that you constantly strive to identify, minimize and correctly evaluate risk. Our lawyers take this reality into account when providing you with legal advice.
- The relationship between our firm and in-house counsel is handled by a team of dedicated lawyers who will operate within the framework you have set up.
- Our advisory role aims to be practical and efficient. We are committed to providing clear opinions regarding any question that is submitted to us so that you will be in a position to make informed decisions.
Under the section headings Publications, Expertise and FAQ of this site, you will find a selection of articles, fact sheets and reference documents. These sources of information deal with numerous subjects of interest and jurisprudence in order to help you stay abreast of recent legal matters or answer questions you could encounter regarding specific topics. Please subscribe to receive current information free of charge.
Predictability of costs is critical to successful financial management. We know that our clients want the same level of predictability from their law firm that they obtain from other service providers. We are aware of time and cost sensitivities and will assist you in the planning process to develop and implement budget strategies that can result in work process improvement and controlled costs.
To further support you in your role as in-house counsel, we offer:
- continuing education seminars accredited by the Barreau du Québec
- conferences on various subjects of interest, including our annual Construction Law conference
- in-house training sessions
- specialised updates, including e-mail alerts on subjects of particular concern to corporate counsel
- Continuing education seminars accredited by the Barreau du Québec and especially designed for in-house counsel;
- Conferences on various subjects of interest, including our annual Construction Law Conference;
- In-house training sessions;
- Specialized updates, including e-mail alerts on subjects of particular concern to corporate counsel.